1. Have all the variables you can control, under control – be prepared!
2. Know your test! Don’t rely on a caller, you should know your test. When you hear a caller, your focus is shifting and you can’t prepare for the movement or figure with 100 percent attention to detail.
3. Put yourself and your horse in a bubble – Enter A – bang – deliver on point.
4. Ride it like you stole it – I mean don’t race around like you’re being chased, but it’s a show of you and your horse’s abilities so show them off. Put your best hoof forward.
5. Leave the test in the arena – be proud no matter what!! Be prepared to let even your defeats teach you.